Friday 29 May 2015

Just gain Him

I have to admit that I was a little stressed about this year, I knew that this would be one of my most hectic years and what I was really scared about was fading out of the church life, that I would only focus on my studies and would have no time to spend with the saints and also with the Lord.

But the Lord is so sweet! He is the shepherding one! He keeps drawing me with everything that He is! The fact of the matter is that there will always be things to do that keep us busy and are unpleasant, but in the midst of all the things the world throws at us we can have sweet fellowship with the Lord. In busy times we can learn to experience the Lord in a very sweet way. Praise the Lord that the heavens rule!  We will always be in environments that contain all kinds of discouraging things, this is why we need to know that the heavens rule, these environments are used to perfect our faith so we can be useful to Him. The most important thing that has been pointed out to me concerning my response in a unpleasant and stressful environment is just to eat Him! How wonderful if we can gain more of Christ during these times, we just need to eat His words!

One of the ways to eat His words is by pray-reading, this is very easy and super enjoyable. All you have to do is take any scripture in the Word and pray over the words in that section or verse or even a part of the verse. The Word says that all scripture is God breathed (2 Tim 3:16), so by musing and praying over the words in the Bible we are taking in the very breath of God. How wonderful that we can take God in by praying in His words. This is such a supply especially if you do it in the mornings.
You can really take any verse, but rather than just taking my word for it feel free to try it out for yourself...any time of the day, by trying it out you yourself can experience how nourishing the Bible can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment